On September 13, 2021, CUPW and the employer signed a Memorandum of Agreement to establish a committee responsible for the transition to an hourly rate for RSMCs.
We need union representatives to sit on this committee.
The mandate of this committee is to transition RSMCs to an hourly rate of pay by developing a system that will take into account workload and work content as well as the necessary changes to the collective agreement.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD BE:
- a member in good standing of CUPW;
- interested in the Route Management System (RMS);
- knowledgeable with RSMC routes values;
- knowledgeable with the Corporate Manual System (CMS);
- a good understanding of health and safety rules;
- well versed in the provisions of the collective agreement;
- working well within a group;
- ready to relocate to Ottawa for an undetermined duration, as required;
- able to work remotely using Zoom or MS Teams.
Your application must be written as a report and include your degree of fluency in spoken and written English and French, proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, your knowledge of the collective agreement, your ability to work as part of a team, and your reasons for joining the committee. Applications must be received no later than March 2, 2022, by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail at the following address:
c/o Carl Girouard, National Grievance Officer
Canadian Union of Postal Workers
377 Bank Street
Ottawa ON, K2P 1Y3